Are you tired of seeing the same ol’ engagement session photos at places like the beach, the park, or by downtown city lights? Don’t get me wrong – these are all beautifully gorgeous places! But recently I’ve had couples come to me asking for ideas for a unique engagement photo session for the pictures they’ll remember for a lifetime.
Here are 5 ideas for your next e-sesh… or anniversary sesh?… or trash the dress sesh… or family sesh?? Any occasion to take photos or throw a celebration is fine by me!
- The Library or a Bookstore - I don’t know about you, but I think of all sorts of sweet, dreamy romantic thoughts when I imagine stacks of old books and cushy library couches and a mr & mrs to-be among it all! What I love about the library is that even if you aren’t into reading, you can always find at least ONE book that describes your personality (kid’s books, anyone? sports illustrated – the hardcover? travel? self help – getting ready for the first year of marriage?). I can just imagine the photos…!
- Amusement Park – Seaworld, LegoLand, the Zoo or somewhere fun that’s special to you - I don’t think we ever outgrow the “kid” inside of us. That includes Shamu, dolphins, building little towns out of lego blocks, and growling at tigers. Take a fun day off with your fiancée and your photographer and head to one of your favorite amusement parks. Think what fun Legoland photos would be like, or how magical a photo of you and your honey smooching with Shamu in the background would be!
- Train Tracks/Train station - A friend and I were once talking that airports can be the saddest or the happiest places to be. You’re either coming home to a loved one or leaving the ones you care about. Train stations can capture that same feeling as well – with a bit more drama. Union Station in Los Angeles is rich with history. Train stations in San Diego have an ocean backdrop. A stolen kiss with the blur of the train rushing by behind you? Priceless!
- Bowling Alley - Here’s your chance to finally make those dorky bowling shoes something cute! But seriously, colorful bowling balls… his and hers alley-ways, bowling pins, and the arcade and diner inside? That’s photo fun!!
- Home Depot - I know. You’re thinking, WHAT?! Home Depot? Of all the UNromantic places to be!! But hear me out.. I imagine a cute couple pushing each other around the aisles in a shopping cart … some fun with tools… a quick kiss in the model kitchens … and a little frolicking in the home garden area! It would be so utterly fun, spontaneous, sweet, and UNIQUE!
So I have to credit my husband for #5 I thought of it because every time I browse the stores in our neighborhood for pretty things like vases, baskets or random decor for a wedding, my hubby goes across the street to Home Depot. Why not combine both worlds?
Now please promise me that if you ever have a photo sesh at Home Depot, you will please email me the photos. It would make me so happy! Thank you.